Dear Fellow Librarians, Information Specialists, and Colleagues:
The Medical and Health Librarians Association of the Philippines (MAHLAP) will hold its 31st National Congress and Seminar-Workshop on the theme: “Librarians’ Metamorphosis: Contribution and Role in a Rapidly Evolving Society” on March 6-8, 2019 in Roxas City, Capiz, Philippines.
The main objective of the 31st Congress is to present and identify the evolving role of librarians not only as safe keeper of both print and non-print library resources but also as key players on bridging traditional library skills with the ability to operate and improve library services in a rapidly changing information era. Specifically, it aims to:
- introduce altmetrics and its impact in libraries;
- inform librarians on its role in the implementation of the Data Privacy Act and to know the facts/fallacies of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act;
- enhance the librarian’s skills on how to communicate with confidence in a workplace;
- learn how to shield researchers from predatory journals;
- reevaluate the librarians’ ability to cope up with ethics and responsibilities on how to manage a hybrid library;
- capacitate librarians’ to create strategies for the promotion of library events and services through social media; and
- present best practices in libraries and futuristic strategies such as robotics in libraries.
We are inviting you to attend this National Congress. We have invited experts to share their knowledge and expertise. This congress also applied for CPD points to be granted to participants. The Congress registration fee of P5,000/pax includes only three (3) AM snacks, three (3) lunches, two (2) PM snacks and conference kits. If you want to avail of registration fee + accommodation, you can choose from the following options:
- Non-Member P8,000/pax (3D2N: Mar. 6-8, 2019) Triple-sharing, includes three (3) AM snacks, three (3) lunches, two (2) PM snacks, two (2) breakfast, two (2) dinners and conference kits. A NON-REFUNDABLE fee of P4,000 is required to be settled on or before February 5, 2019.
- Member P7,000/pax (3D2N: Mar. 6-8, 2019) Triple-sharing, includes three (3) AM snacks, three (3) lunches, two (2) PM snacks, two (2) breakfast, two (2) dinners and conference kits. A NON-REFUNDABLE fee of P3,500 is required to be settled on or before February 5, 2019.
- Early Bird P7,500 – Live IN (Mar. 6-8, 2019). Non-refundable fee on or before December 28, 2018
Please note that the rate for an accompanying person will depend on the availability of rooms. For extra nights and tour arrangements, we will refer you to the hotel representative for direct transaction and inquiries. Please contact Ms. Emelorna E. Delgado at email@example.com for further inquiries.
Payments can be deposited at any Banco de Oro branches under the account name: Medical and Health Librarians Association of the Philippines, Account number: 3940560825. For bank payments, we appreciate if you can send a scanned copy of the deposit slip and you’re filled up registration form by email to Ms. Margaret Ganaden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our theme of the Fellowship Night on March 6, Wednesday at 7:00 PM is “Blue Jeans Party”. Wear your best Blue Jeans and let us also celebrate MAHLAP’s 31st year founding anniversary.
We look forward to your presence. Thank you very much.